Below are answers to the most common questions we get about obtaining a Maryland Concealed Carry Permit (CCW)
Do I have to be a Maryland resident to Apply?
Do I have to be a US Citizen to apply?
What would make me eligible to apply for or receive the permit?
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.
- Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
- Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;
- Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;
- Has a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against danger.
- As of October 1, 2013, has successfully completed the Maryland State Police approved firearms training course within 2 year prior to submitting the original or renewal application.
What is the Fee for the Maryland Wear and Carry permit?
Original/Initial – $75.00 – Fingerprint Fees not included
Renewal – $50.00 – Fingerprint Fees not included
Duplicate/Modification – Total $10.00
Will I be notified when my permit is going to expire?
What is the complete process to obtain the permit?
Here you can read our guide: Process overview for obtaining a Maryland Concealed Carry Permit
What is Your Refund Policy? What If I Can’t Attend the Class I Signed Up For?
We will refund students when unable to attend a class they have prepaid for. We ask for prepayment only to have a reliable count of how many students are coming. This has become necessary because we fill most of our classes to capacity. Our full refund policy can be see here.
How Long is the Class?
What forms of payment will ConcealedCarry.com accept for the course?
Cash, check, or credit card (Visa, or MasterCard). We prefer if you prepay online but should you feel uncomfortable you can call us to make other arrangements. (Phone number above)